Follow these steps if you want to share a document with other people within the organisation.
Sharing your documents and editing them within the browser allows more than one person to open and edit a document.
- Open your webmail (office.tretherras.net)
- Click on the icon that is made up of 9 squares (located on the top corner of the browser)
- Select "OneDrive"
- Either create a new document in your OneDrive or right click an existing one
- Click "Share"
- Enter the email address(es) of the people you wish to share the document with
- You can change permissions from "Can Edit or Read only", it depends on what you want to allow colleagues to do
- Once email addresses and permissions have been added click "Share"
- Those email addresses will receive a link to the shared document
- When opening the document, click "Edit document" and select "Edit in Browser" (selecting in browser allows unlimited amount of people to edit and open the document)
- After making your changes to the document, close the open tab the document is open in and your changes will be saved automatically
You can do steps 1-9 for folders if desired
If you require and assistance with setting up shared documents, please contact the ITMS team