This KBA will detail how authorised users can view the School Calendar – a shared calendar from our Exchange (email) Server.
Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App is a web-based service which allows authorised users to access their email via a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The majority of internal users normally prefer to use Microsoft Outlook (available via the start menu in the Microsoft Office folder), and just use OWA from home/externally.
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer (or your preferred browser) and visit https://mail.tretherras.net/owa
- When prompted, type in your normal network username and password then click Sign in
- Once logged in click on the Calendar icon at the bottom left of the screen
- Once viewing your calendar, click on the Share menu at the top of the screen and select Add a calendar..
- In the Calendar from your organization box type in schoolcalendar and press OK. The schoolcalendar text will underline itself at which point you may click OK again.
- You will now see your calendar and the school calendar side by side.
- You can switch between day, week and month view by clicking on the icons at the top of the screen
- You can switch the school calendar on/off by ticking/unticking the box on the left hand side of the screen
- The school calendar is available in read-only format to staff. JLB manages the calendar and should be contacted in the event of error / addition.
Should you require any further assistance please contact the IT Services team on ext 295 or by emailing ITServices@tretherras.net
Director of Communication & Media Services