This KBA will detail how authorised users can view the School Calendar – a shared calendar from our Exchange (email) Server.
Microsoft Outlook is an application within the Office family which allows you to connect to your mailbox. Most users prefer to use this application internally, but then opt to use Microsoft Web App (the web-based version of Outlook, available at https://mail.tretherras.net/owa) when at home.
- Click on Start > Applications > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook
- If never accessed before, complete the wizard by clicking next through all stages
- Click on the Calendar icon at the bottom left hand side of the application
- From the toolbar/ribbon at the top of the screen click on Open Calendar and select Open Shared Calendar
- A dialogue box will appear. In it, type schoolcalendar and press OK
- You will now see that your personal calendar appears on the left hand side of the screen, and the shared school calendar appears on the right hand side of the screen.
- On the left hand side of the screen you will see your personal calendar ticked at the top of the list. In the list of shared calendars you will now also see the school calendar. To remove the school calendar from your view simply untick the box next to school calendar
- Following the above steps now means you have the option of ticking/unticking the calendar without having to repeat steps 1-6. It also means you will be able to see the calendar when accessing via Outlook Web App (https://mail.tretherras.net/owa)
- The school calendar is available in read-only format to staff. JLB manages the calendar and should be contacted in the event of error / addition.
Should you require any further assistance please contact the IT Services team on ext 295 or by emailing ITServices@tretherras.net
Director of Communication & Media Services